Rich Elfers once wrote something about being raised in a cult. Since cults are a dangerous thing and he clearly wants to influence us through his columns, I find it surprising he doesn’t identify which cult he was raised in and warn us about their influence.

What triggered my recollection of his remarks about growing up in a cult was the fact that in the article he titled “A letter to Christian supporters of Donald J. Trump,” he clearly uses cult strategies to try to convince his readers. People who’ve come out of a cult realize that a major part of the population can be easily swayed and it’s easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they are being fooled. This reminds me of a song, “Everybody Plays A Fool.” One of the lines in the song is “they use your heart like a tool.”

As I read Mr. Elfers’ article, it was evident he’d retained this cult technique that is so effective in swaying gullible folks. I’d like to point out another scripture he chose not to follow (in my opinion). Proverbs 11:1 (NIV) reads “The LORD detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with him.” Christian Standard version: “Dishonest scales are detestable to the LORD, but an accurate weight is his delight.” In referring to the section of scripture which included “hands that shed innocent blood,” Rich Elfers claims if we are honest with ourselves, we’ll have to agree this is a pretty accurate description of our current president. What? There’s no evidence Trump’s shed innocent blood.

Mr. Elfers himself wants to convince you of something speculative with zero evidence. There’s so much more I could write but because bullies demanded guest columns by citizens be banned (but are allowed by paid columnists), that can no longer happen. Does that sound fair? At last night’s debate, Biden said he never said “clap for that you stupid bas***ds.” Look it up. This occurred on March 7, 2016, during a speech at Al Dhafra Air Base in the United Arab Emirates. He also added “Man, you are a dull bunch.” It’s on clear, undoctored video, but the cult-controlled mainstream news won’t cover any of this, nor will they cover the videos taken at swearing in ceremonies of Biden’s roaming hands and his playing with/sniffing school girls’ hair.

Dwight Needens, Quincy

Join the online forum

Discuss this article with your neighbors or join the community conversation. Powered by our sister paper, The Wenatchee World.