Dear Editor,

The Black Lives Matter organization by self-admission are a Marxist group, and also a communist, racist and terrorist organization. Why do I say this? When was the last time they demonstrated when a black police officer was killed? When was the last time they demonstrated about the thousands killed in Chicago and elsewhere mostly by their black brothers? Why do you think they want to get rid of the Police? If we allow them to achieve their goals, this country will evolve into utter chaos.

In the world I live in, all lives matter regardless of the color of your skin. If the police in the performance of their duties do something wrong, they will be called to account for their actions. Believe me, as I have firsthand knowledge of this. Are there bad police officers? Yes. The 99% of good officers are just trying to do their jobs the best they can.

When was the last time you had to make a life or death decision in a matter of seconds? The George Floyd issue is a perfect example of this. The much delayed coroner’s report stated that George Floyd had fatal, yes fatal, levels of Meth and Fentanyl in his system. George Floyd was a dead man walking. How were the police officers to know that he had fatal levels of Meth and Fentanyl in his system? Yet almost everyone claimed the police murdered him! Does anyone remember the Duke lacrosse players accused of the rape of a black woman? President Obama condemned them along with the press. As it turned out the woman lied about the whole event. Those players’ lives were ruined by a blatant lie. How about Ferguson, Mo. and the officer’s fatal shooting of a black man. A witness claimed the man had both hands up and was saying don’t shoot. Once again when the facts were known, this was proven to be false.

It is time for people to let the facts come out before you condemn the police for their actions. When people break the law you are going to have contact with the police. There is a simple solution! Don’t break the law to start with! When a police officer tells you to do something, comply. They want to go home to their families at the end of the day just as much as you do.

Tony Stadelman, Quincy

Join the online forum

Discuss this article with your neighbors or join the community conversation. Powered by our sister paper, The Wenatchee World.