Quincy High School Track and Field held its first and only home meet of the season on April 22. The meet saw a lot of QHS athletes placing top 10 in a majority of the categories.
Some of those that had multiple placings in the top 10 include:
- Sophomore Joceline Schaapman placed top 10 in three different events; 2nd in the triple jump, 5th in the long jump and 2nd in the 100 meter hurdles
- Senior Jane Kennedy placed 1st in both the 800 meters and 1600 meters
- Ashley Guadarrama, senior, finished 6th in the 100 meters and 8th in the 200 meters
- Junior Ecduy Gordillo finished 5th in the 3200 meters and 3rd in the 400 meters
- Shea Heikes, freshman, placed 4th in the 100 meters and 3rd in the triple jump
- Freshman Kallie Kooistra placed 8th in the javelin and 5th in the discus
- Freshman Ethan Gregg finished 5th in both the triple jump and long jump and 4th in the high jump
- Aidan Heikes, junior, placed 1st in the pole vault, 1st in the triple jump and 3rd in the high jump
- Junior Jalen Spence finished 2nd in both the long jump and 300 meter hurdles
- Junior Reid Thomsen placed 2nd in the shot put and 4th in the discus
There are five track meets left in the 2021 season.