Quincy High School hosted the South Divisional Championships on May 6. At the meet, about a dozen Jacks took a top 10 place in one or more events.
Those Jacks include:
- Junior Ecduy Gordillo placed 9th in both the 800 meters and 1600 meters.
- Reid Thomsen, junior, placed 3rd in the shot put and 5th in the discus.
- Junior Aidan Heikes placed 1st in the triple jump, 2nd in the pole vault and 5th in the long jump.
- Freshman Ethan Gregg placed 10th in the high jump and 9th in both the triple jump and long jump.
- Jalen Spence, junior, placed 1st in the 3000 meter hurdles and 5th in the 100 meter dash.
- Senior Jane Kennedy took 1st place in both the 1600 meters and 800 meters.
- Edwin Esparza, sophomore, took 9th in the discus.
- Sophomore Joceline Schaapman placed 3rd in the 100 meter hurdles, 2nd in the long jump and 6th in the triple jump.
- Freshman Shea Heikes took 9th in the long jump and 7th in the triple jump.
- Jayden Richards, freshman, took 9th in the 200 meters.
- Freshmen Levi Kukes and Alexis Birrueta took 5th and 8th respectively in the 3200 meters.
- In the 800 meters, sophomore Marisol Uribe took 4th, sophomore Ruth Flores took 5th and freshman Bridget Jones took 6th.
There were seven other teams at the meet including Ephrata, Moses Lake, Moses Lake Christian Academy, Royal, Soap Lake, Wahluke and Wilson Creek.